Friday, August 19, 2005

 

How long will it take your browser to load this entry?

There’s still lots to say, but just not enough time to write it all, in addition to finishing things up on the ship, packing up, and saying goodbye to people. However, I promise one final entry wrapping everything up to be posted in the next couple of days. Before I close the journey in words, I’ve got some (ok, a lot of) photos to share with you that I haven’t yet posted. Let’s hope your internet connection is faster than the one on the ship so that you can see all of them! PS. I don't have enough internet minutes left to check if everything uploaded correctly, and blogger's image upload is acting up...so we'll see how this all comes out.

Iceland:

A church in the middle of nowhere:

Thingvellir National Park:

The biggest waterfall I’ve ever seen:

Norway:

The train to Voss:

Little boxes, on the hillside:

View of Bergen from Mt. Floien:

Russia:

Inside the Kremlin:

Inside a church inside the Kremlin:

Poland:

Rebuilt buildings in Gdansk:

Belgium:

A square in Brussels:


A castle in Ghent:

We passed through the Kiel Canal on the way to Belgium from Poland. It’s a waterway in Northern Germany usually only used by smaller ships, rarely large passenger ships. Lots of people living along the canal were so excited to see us, including this couple waving as we went by:


France:

A home in Le Havre:


A Magen David amongst crosses in Normandy:

Ireland:

One of my favorite parts of Ireland, St. Stephen’s Green, a park built right into the middle of the city:

Inside the Guinness Factory:

Spain:

A sculpture in Guernica:

A fountain in Bilbao, in front of a Metro entrance:

The hills of Bilbao through a fountain in the city center:

Homeward Bound:

Sunsets, sunsets:

The skies are so clear along the Atlantic, and last night we had a full moon:


Comments:
I'm assuming you have more pictures - will you post them when you are home? I would love to see more!

S. Greene
 
Alex, My daughter Stephanie is sailing with you. I just want to tell you that I have enjoyed reading your blogs SO MUCH! I was hooked since your first one regarding the airport and your luggage situation! I don't know what your major is, but I'm sure you would have no problem getting a job as a writer or photographer! Thank you again for keeping us "left behind" parents entertained with your adventures and pictures. Good luck to you Alex! Sincerely, Patti Page
 
Alex,
Fantastic photos, wonderful stories, thanks for sharing your summer with us. My son Brian is on the ship with you. Our family in Miami & Atlanta have enjoyed your Blogs from the beginning. Keep writing & taking photos, you are very talented!
Ilene R
 
Alex,
Your pictures continue to be outstanding. I am really looking forward to seeing more of them when you get home...and I am looking forward to seeing more of you too!
Love,
Mom
 
Alex:

We too have thoroughly enjoyed your experiences through your photos and writings. Hope to see you soon, and welcome home.

Jessica and Jeff Gaynor
 
Hi Alex,
Alana and I just returned from a great week at the Lair of the Golden Bear. Many of the campers there were interested in your adventures and will get "caught up" by reading your blog after the fact. I just now got caught up, and especially appreciated your admiration of the Norwegian women. I'm sure that you will fill me in on details upon your return (tomorrow) to which I very much looking forward. I will however, miss your blog postings. As I would read them, I would become fascinated and entertained. Inbetween postings, I found myself in joyous anticipation of the next, making the entire experience quite remarkable and unforgetable. Thank you Alex. Love, Dad
 
COME HOME BUDAK!! I loved your blog but I miss you more! (Go home, then come back to LA soon- I know your parents miss you too, but I DID buy a bag of honey roasted today!)
 
Budak, your pics are absolutely STUNNING. Glad to see you had a good time. Let me know when you get back to LA.

-Carolyn (cdiddy? heh)
 
Muito lindas as sus fotos.
Amo fotografia, apesar de amadora.
Parabens!
 
what kind of camera do you use? Im applying for Spring 2011 and am wondering if I should bring my nice camera (thats kind of big) or just a pocket size!

Looks like you had an awesome time! I can't wait!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?