Tuesday, June 21, 2005

 

Total Request Live

When I first started the blog I figured I’d get about 10 hits – 9 of which would be from my mom refreshing the page in hopes of an update. But, not only have you read it and commented on it, you’ve also made requests. So, allow me to provide a positive reinforcer to continue reading it by accommodating your #1 demand: photos of the boat and my room. Other requests such as photos of me doing a cannon-ball in our tiny pool, and a photoshoot of me modeling my GAP t-shirts will have to wait (sorry). Click on the thumbnail for a larger version.

More photos of the boat will be coming, but for now here’s a shot of the swanky middle of the boat. Behind the photo is the computer lab, and in the foreground is the library. Down below is the Purser’s Square where you take care of any business you might have (think of it as a much friendlier Murphy Hall where everyone is dressed in sailor attire):

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

The view as you walk into my room. I’m on the left, underneath the exquisite piece of art:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

The view from the window:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Check out the view:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


We’re currently about 500 nautical miles away from Iceland, and even closer than that to Greenland. Our ETA in Iceland is Thursday morning at 0700 (7 AM for those of you not in the military or on a boat). I’ll try to update the blog again upon arrival to share my first thoughts on the country that gave us Bjork, and give you my list of some of the traditional Icelandic food I will not be trying there.

Comments:
The interior of the ship looks very Disco!.
A room with a view...your Grandfather would approve!
Thanks, Alex, for updating your blog. I look forward to reading it.
-Mom-
 
Beautiful view out the porthole window. Does it open? Anyway, for times of pondering and peering, it should refresh the soul. Enjoy!
 
I am going to have my private helicopter get me out there to meet you in Iceland, and then I will kick your roommate overboard and stowaway in his place. It looks sooooo cool out there I am going to have to do it next year for sure.
-Josie Bruin (aka UCLAKJ)
 
I am very amused. And I would be out there with you if not for the cussing and drinking all the sailors do, very offensive. Oh and I get sea sick beyone belief. One time I went to Catalina and spent a great deal of the day leaning over the bow (thats the front of the boat for all you who dont have their sea legs like Budak and I do) recounting what I had for breakfast. I admire your courage Alex... Rook <3 Skip
 
Hi Alex --
Great photos of Iceland! Intriguing enough that it's already added to our list of future travel destinations. Keep the updates coming -- we'll stay tuned in.
Jim Young
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?